Village hall refurbishment project is completed
A new entrance lobby, meeting room, store room, and safe play area have been created and a new pair of folding doors that open the meeting room up to the main hall, for larger functions, have also been installed.
In 1847 the original building was constructed as a Church of England School and was enlarged in 1873 so that it could accommodate 150 pupils. The school's closure was announced in 1968 at which point the community purchased the hall.
It continues to support the local community with regular use by the amateur dramatic, cinema and indoor bowls clubs, among many others.
The project was financed by fund-raising in the community including a buy-a-brick club, bequests, and grants from WREN's community action fund of £47,500, and the Amey community fund of £40,000.